The workshop is hosted by the GKP and the Association for Progressive Communications (APC), through its Women's Networking Support Programme (WNSP).
The following topics will be discussed:
- basic gender concepts
- gender and ICT issues at the global level
- assessing gender issues in the local context
- gender and ICT indicators
- practical issues in gender evaluation
- the overall map of the GEM tool and website
- the guiding evaluation principles of the GEM tool
The workshop is open to organisations who are doing substantive work in the area of gender and ICT4D as well as organisations who are planning to incorporate gender in their ICT4D initiatives. GKP members who are either working in or intending to include gender initiatives should apply.
To apply, go to www.globalknowledge.org/gemworkshop2005. Deadline for applications: 4 April 2005.
A limited number of scholarships (including travel and accommodation) will be available for selected participants for the GEM workshop. The workshop is held in conjunction with the GKP International Forum on Advancing ICT Solutions for Development through Cross-Sector Partnerships and GKP Annual Meeting in Cairo, Egypt.
Successful applicants for the GEM workshop are also invited to participate in the international forum (open to both members and non-members) and the GKP Annual Meeting (members only). To find out more about the international forum and the GKP Annual Meeting, please visit: www.globalknowledge.org/annualmeeting2005
* GEM is an online guide for planning and implementing evaluations of ICT initiatives from a gender perspective. For more information on GEM, please go to : www.apcwomen.org/gem